Timeline from first symptom to diagnosis

Our son Connor was diagnosed with JDM in January of 2010 and here is a bit of a timeline to show you how this diagnosis was reached...

Towards the end of November 2009, Connor mentioned some pain in his right foot. We found a Plantar Wart and began treating it. We went on vacation in Germany were he mentioned a pain in his knee's, to feeling in his own words, pain 'inside his legs'. By the time we got home on December 9, he needed to be carried almost everywhere. By the end of December he was unable to feed himself, dress himself, sit up or down, lay down and of course walk. Here is a list of tests he went through between December 10 to December 28, 2009

X-ray of his Hips
MRI of his spine
X-ray of his chest
CAT Scan of his brain
CAT Scan of his chest
MRI of his chest
MRI of his hips
Numerous Blood Work
Spinal Tap
and we finished with a Muscle Biopsy

There were many speculations of what might be causing Connor so much pain and one of them was Gullian Barre Syndrom (GBS) due to his first symptoms showing up within a few days of his H1N1 Flu Shot.

The final Diagnosis came on January 11, 2010
-Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM)-

Hope

Hope

Monday, August 8, 2011

Home for Sale ... a sad post but worth mentioning ....!!!

This post today is a very sad post for me personally but one that is impacting our Family Life, so worth being a part of our Blog.....

I mentioned in my post two days ago that our dear and so loved friends, Shelly & Clare, plus their son Alexander, are moving back to Lake Tahoe, CA. As much as I do not want them to move for pure selfish reasons I do want their move to be as smooth as possible so I figured I will post about their 'Home for Sale' here as well, since I already mentioned it on FB.

I could say I am influenced in how I feel about their home because of our relationship but that would be a lie. The first time I came to see their home was one of complete awe! To call this just a House would not make it justice as their place has so much Style, Character and pure Beauty. It is very homey and the 35 acres that come with it are truly prime acreage. It is all gentle rolling hills with Pine and Aspens and the view out the front of the house shows you Pikes Peak in it's full glory. I remember my first dinner when I was seated looking straight out the picture window and all I saw was Pikes Peak with the sun setting on it and it was hard to focus on my food :)

It is a Custom Home with 4100+ sq ft or more, plus 35 acres. There are two Bedrooms upstairs and downstairs with the walkout basement it has a Game Room, Family Room, two more Bed Rooms, Utility and laundry plus a HUGE Office and a Vault. It will be listed for $780,000.00. I personally think this is low for what the Home is offering. Personally I think this home will go fast but I am posting here because once again my selfish side comes through and I would love to see this home go to someone I know and like. After all how else will I get to go back and enjoy it as well ;) Kidding aside, how could I not mention this when it is hands down one of the most beautiful properties I have ever seen...

So if you are in the market for a new home or are considering moving to Colorado, then I would not pass on taking a look at it. Oh, and the name of this 'Ranch' is "Another Day in Paradise".




Hugs,

R A C A

No comments:

Post a Comment