Timeline from first symptom to diagnosis

Our son Connor was diagnosed with JDM in January of 2010 and here is a bit of a timeline to show you how this diagnosis was reached...

Towards the end of November 2009, Connor mentioned some pain in his right foot. We found a Plantar Wart and began treating it. We went on vacation in Germany were he mentioned a pain in his knee's, to feeling in his own words, pain 'inside his legs'. By the time we got home on December 9, he needed to be carried almost everywhere. By the end of December he was unable to feed himself, dress himself, sit up or down, lay down and of course walk. Here is a list of tests he went through between December 10 to December 28, 2009

X-ray of his Hips
MRI of his spine
X-ray of his chest
CAT Scan of his brain
CAT Scan of his chest
MRI of his chest
MRI of his hips
Numerous Blood Work
Spinal Tap
and we finished with a Muscle Biopsy

There were many speculations of what might be causing Connor so much pain and one of them was Gullian Barre Syndrom (GBS) due to his first symptoms showing up within a few days of his H1N1 Flu Shot.

The final Diagnosis came on January 11, 2010
-Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM)-

Hope

Hope

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day Weekend :)

This year it turned out that I will have a long Mothers Day celebration and I am truly enjoying it :)

We started our adventure on Friday when I had a noon appointment with the UCIS to renew my card. The experience was hands down the best in my almost 20 years here in this country. So far I got to see what Miami was like, as well as Dallas and when it comes to efficiency and polite treatment then Denver has them both beat. The boys and I were in and out in 40 minutes and we then decided to spend the rest of the Day in Denver.
Having such generous boys they of course said that since it is Mommy Day weekend I can pick were we should go but that they do LOVE the Science and Nature Museum ;) Well, how could I resist that one as I do like this Museum a lot and I am not yet sure if my 'second' choice the Art Museum would have been in big competition against the Snakes and Lizard Exhibit, the Dinosaur Exhibit, as well as Egyptian Mummies and the Tornado Alley IMAX Movie ;)
We had a lot of fun and stayed for about four hours. Then of course we had to add a big finish and head to a Restaurant we never went to before. We chose the Casa Bonita because we heard the Entertainment was true fun as in Cliff Divers, Magicians and Music. Now I also checked it out on YELP and Foursquare and the ratings for the quality of the food were bad but I guess you have to take some risks. The Entertainment, smiles and laughter from the boys was WORTH it but the food was indeed very marginal.
Saturday we got very busy at home and decided to finish two days worth of schooling, plus work some more on the Country Presentation. I loved being able to stay home all day so that was a treat on its own.
This morning I woke up to beautiful handmade Cards from Connor, Alexander, Apple, Tasha and Bella each. I am sure our four legged family members were grateful for the help they got from the boys :)
Ron came home by lunch time so that completed the day and we have been playing 'vegetables' since as in napping, watching Netflix, playing on iPads etc etc.
Tomorrow I am going to have a day of getting spoiled and getting my hair done while my three men will have a Boys Day.

We do have some JM news as in Connor being invited to go to a Juvenile Arthritis Camp in July. He was super excited about the Invitation and definitely wants to go. It will be a 5 Day overnight Camp in Estes Park Colorado. A first for all of us to see one of our boys go away overnight so I am curious how well he will do, but I am proud for him wanting to participate.

Hope you all had a great weekend and a big Hug to all my fellow Mommies out there who are just pure amazing in my eyes.







Hugs,

R A C A

No comments:

Post a Comment