Timeline from first symptom to diagnosis

Our son Connor was diagnosed with JDM in January of 2010 and here is a bit of a timeline to show you how this diagnosis was reached...

Towards the end of November 2009, Connor mentioned some pain in his right foot. We found a Plantar Wart and began treating it. We went on vacation in Germany were he mentioned a pain in his knee's, to feeling in his own words, pain 'inside his legs'. By the time we got home on December 9, he needed to be carried almost everywhere. By the end of December he was unable to feed himself, dress himself, sit up or down, lay down and of course walk. Here is a list of tests he went through between December 10 to December 28, 2009

X-ray of his Hips
MRI of his spine
X-ray of his chest
CAT Scan of his brain
CAT Scan of his chest
MRI of his chest
MRI of his hips
Numerous Blood Work
Spinal Tap
and we finished with a Muscle Biopsy

There were many speculations of what might be causing Connor so much pain and one of them was Gullian Barre Syndrom (GBS) due to his first symptoms showing up within a few days of his H1N1 Flu Shot.

The final Diagnosis came on January 11, 2010
-Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM)-

Hope

Hope

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On this thought .... ;)

Uh, light bulb moment again!

I just realized that according to the far right (Tea Party, Romney and Ryan) I am choosing the wrong kind of friends!

I should be choosing friends that are rich and affluent, so when those medical bills come in I can make a request through e-mail, Facebook and Twitter that I need Donations to help me pay the bills.
I finally saw that this is how some of my Republican Friends are paying for their medical bills and then of course they don't see the need for Obama Care or better Health care. Why worry about something you have covered ;)

My big, no HUGE! mistake is that I pick friends that have huge hearts, are compassionate and supportive and are loyal but just don't have much money to share.

Goodness, where and how could I have gone so wrong???

Seems to me that the loyal, compassionate and supportive ones I love are not wealthy. DARN! DARN! DARN!

However if you know me you know I have a huge smile on my face right now because I would not trade them in the world and even thought some of you are able to pay your bills easily due to Donations (as I actually was told to do by a person named Rick Santorum, who?) then I am happy but also sad for you as you are missing the point completely. Do you honestly don't see that the reason you are out and about asking for Donations tells the whole world that your health care coverage sucks????

I am lucky we have the coverage we have and Connor is in the best hands that 'money' can buy but I am also still aware that not all have this same options and choices.
Just because you found a way to make your world work don't shut out the rest!

Oh, and you might notice I didn't even mention those horrid 47% of free loaders out there that are just robbing the Government. No wonder there is no money left to hand out for Connor. 

Rant complete!
Thank You for checking in.

Hugs,

R A C A



No comments:

Post a Comment