Timeline from first symptom to diagnosis

Our son Connor was diagnosed with JDM in January of 2010 and here is a bit of a timeline to show you how this diagnosis was reached...

Towards the end of November 2009, Connor mentioned some pain in his right foot. We found a Plantar Wart and began treating it. We went on vacation in Germany were he mentioned a pain in his knee's, to feeling in his own words, pain 'inside his legs'. By the time we got home on December 9, he needed to be carried almost everywhere. By the end of December he was unable to feed himself, dress himself, sit up or down, lay down and of course walk. Here is a list of tests he went through between December 10 to December 28, 2009

X-ray of his Hips
MRI of his spine
X-ray of his chest
CAT Scan of his brain
CAT Scan of his chest
MRI of his chest
MRI of his hips
Numerous Blood Work
Spinal Tap
and we finished with a Muscle Biopsy

There were many speculations of what might be causing Connor so much pain and one of them was Gullian Barre Syndrom (GBS) due to his first symptoms showing up within a few days of his H1N1 Flu Shot.

The final Diagnosis came on January 11, 2010
-Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM)-

Hope

Hope

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Aging, Cars and wishful thinking .... :)

So I know I might have aged quiet a bit this past year but I had no idea how bad it was until I got my mail and saw a $10 discount for the Senior Sunset Magazine in my name. Yes, I am turning 40 this year but I thought that leaves me some time to go before getting Senior Citizen Discounts - yeichsss ...

Next week my Baby (Car) has to go in for a 60,000.00 mile check-up. That by itself is shocking because it tells me that I added over 20,000.00 miles to my car this past year 'Thanks' to JDM and the traveling we are doing back and forth to TCH and Therapy Appointments. Now here is the interesting part. The check-up will cost $720.00 + Tax, and we were informed on the phone that this will include them changing 2 Air filters (I had no idea my car had 2!), rotate the tires and the best part they will even check the Fluid Levels ... wow ... on my calculations that means to pull out the dib (sp) stick and look at the level might run for $50.... oh can I please get a job at a good car dealership? I promise I will be very focused on looking and checking the levels :):):)
Now don't get me wrong. I have not had a complain about the Lexus Dealership so far and they have always been very courteous and friendly, plus they do a great job washing and cleaning it :). We do need to have the check-up done at the Dealership due to our extended warranty but of course I would prefer it to be a bit more reasonable price wise :-O

On another interesting note my boys were listening to the Satellite Radio yesterday and Ke$ha came on and they remembered that they saw her on New Years Eve perform right before the Ball dropped. Connor then told me that he thinks if I was to dress like her I would be truly beautiful ... okay, so NOT happening. I mean first I am labeled Senior Citizen and then my boys want to dress me like a 20 year old? Oh my world!
The saving point came when Rhianna came on and was singing 'Only Girl in the World' and Alexander yelled at me that I was the only girl in the whole wide world for them'.... Thank goodness for sweet and precious 6 year old's!
How can one ever explain the love you have for your kids. I know there are no words to it and no comparison.

Hugs,

R A C A

No comments:

Post a Comment