Timeline from first symptom to diagnosis

Our son Connor was diagnosed with JDM in January of 2010 and here is a bit of a timeline to show you how this diagnosis was reached...

Towards the end of November 2009, Connor mentioned some pain in his right foot. We found a Plantar Wart and began treating it. We went on vacation in Germany were he mentioned a pain in his knee's, to feeling in his own words, pain 'inside his legs'. By the time we got home on December 9, he needed to be carried almost everywhere. By the end of December he was unable to feed himself, dress himself, sit up or down, lay down and of course walk. Here is a list of tests he went through between December 10 to December 28, 2009

X-ray of his Hips
MRI of his spine
X-ray of his chest
CAT Scan of his brain
CAT Scan of his chest
MRI of his chest
MRI of his hips
Numerous Blood Work
Spinal Tap
and we finished with a Muscle Biopsy

There were many speculations of what might be causing Connor so much pain and one of them was Gullian Barre Syndrom (GBS) due to his first symptoms showing up within a few days of his H1N1 Flu Shot.

The final Diagnosis came on January 11, 2010
-Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM)-

Hope

Hope

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Looking forward to Infusions and Therapy???

I am sad to say that the last two days were also very rough for Connor, so we are now looking back on four solid days of him not doing so well.

I said to my husband this morning that I am looking forward to the Infusion that Connor is scheduled for tomorrow. I felt bad for saying it but I am putting a lot of hope in it.
Interestingly Connor came to me today and said he can't wait for his Infusion and Therapy tomorrow either. So I know he is having a hard time as well with his inability to move and participate with others around him.

Yesterday I did not take the Wheel Chair to school but then regretted it as I had to carry Connor out to the car after school was over.
So today we started out in the Wheel Chair from the very beginning which was a good thing as Connor would hardly even walk once he woke up.
Sweet Alexander was the one helping him again get around this morning.

The cute part about todays school was Connor talking about JDM during Show and Tell, the crazy part about today was finding out tonight that my sweet youngest child decided to go pee behind a bush during recess! When I just asked him if he did he said 'YES' - well one point for honesty! When asked what he was thinking he said 'Well, no one saw me as I peed behind a bush and I had to go, plus I did not pull down my pants at all'. Well, to this I had to reply that of course someone saw him or I would not have been told about it and what exactly he does not understand about NEVER TO PEE IN PUBLIC??? yeichssssss.

Back to Connor, looking back, the Methrotrexate Shot from yesterday morning did not help as I had hoped so we looking forward to this next step.

I let you all know how tomorrow goes! Wish us luck that getting the Steroid Infusion will kick start him getting back on his 'feet' again!








Hugs,

R A C A

No comments:

Post a Comment