Timeline from first symptom to diagnosis

Our son Connor was diagnosed with JDM in January of 2010 and here is a bit of a timeline to show you how this diagnosis was reached...

Towards the end of November 2009, Connor mentioned some pain in his right foot. We found a Plantar Wart and began treating it. We went on vacation in Germany were he mentioned a pain in his knee's, to feeling in his own words, pain 'inside his legs'. By the time we got home on December 9, he needed to be carried almost everywhere. By the end of December he was unable to feed himself, dress himself, sit up or down, lay down and of course walk. Here is a list of tests he went through between December 10 to December 28, 2009

X-ray of his Hips
MRI of his spine
X-ray of his chest
CAT Scan of his brain
CAT Scan of his chest
MRI of his chest
MRI of his hips
Numerous Blood Work
Spinal Tap
and we finished with a Muscle Biopsy

There were many speculations of what might be causing Connor so much pain and one of them was Gullian Barre Syndrom (GBS) due to his first symptoms showing up within a few days of his H1N1 Flu Shot.

The final Diagnosis came on January 11, 2010
-Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM)-

Hope

Hope

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chase Voting, Dinosaur Days and an aching Tooth ...

First I want to ask and beg for those of you that have not Voted yet to please, please Vote for CureJM at Chase Community Giving. Below is the FB Link:

https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving/app_162065369655?cv=2

Now the best part is that you only have to Vote once and not everyday as it was the case with the Pepsi Contest. The trick for CureJM to succeed is to ask as many people as you can to join into Voting.

From our beloved Rhonda McKeever at CureJM: 
'It seems the Chase systems and voting seemed to have gotten off to a slow start for all charities since I think their systems were a bit overloaded with the volume of access.  Things are now sorted and seem be working much quicker.  As of this morning we are in the #16 spot – which is GREAT.  We can do this….we need to move up 5 spots at least to win the $100,000 – which is what our goal is if we can’t win the top $250K category.  Competition is tough, but we are off to a good start – not great yet…as we need to get more votes to get higher in the rankings!'

So again Thank You!!!!

As to our family life today it was as always not boring and quiet interesting. I am not sure if I inherited a German DNA trade or if others then my Dad and I act like this, but as it was when I grew up, when my Dad promised me to go somewhere or do something then we did it, even if the promise was a swim in the ocean only to find out the next day that it was raining. You might guess it .... my Dad and I would swim in the rain, no questions asked :)
So last night I started having a tooth ache. It got worse the night went on and this morning at 6 am all I could think about was seeing a Dentist asap. If you know how much I dislike Dentists then you know I was in quiet a bit of pain.
By 8 am I got a hold of a Dentist that is on call for the weekend and after explaining to him on the phone what was going on he told me I had an abscess. So he was my hero as he called in a heavy dose of Antibiotics and Pain Medication. He said there is nothing they can do for now until the swelling goes down. 
My dilemma came when I realized I had promised the boys a trip to Dinosaur Ridge for the Dinosaur Days Events.
So what does this Mom do: We left the house and stopped at Walgreen's to get my medications and then drove on for 2 hours to the Dino Place. There we looked and visited all the exhibits and took a 1 1/2 Mile Hike along the Dinosaur Ridge. Ending all this fun with a nice lunch that creeped Connor and I out as on the Walls were all kinds of 'stuffed' Animals. The food was good however so no complain there other then the decor.
Two more hours driving home and I am beat!!! Oh and before you worry ... NO I did not take the pain pill!!! but I did take the Antibiotics before we set of on our adventure. However, now that I am home I will take my Pill and hope to find some relief!
Tomorrow the promise is for us to not leave the house under any circumstances and a bed on the sofa sounds just like the thing I need :)

So please Vote and keep spreading the news! 



























Hugs,

R A C A

No comments:

Post a Comment