Timeline from first symptom to diagnosis

Our son Connor was diagnosed with JDM in January of 2010 and here is a bit of a timeline to show you how this diagnosis was reached...

Towards the end of November 2009, Connor mentioned some pain in his right foot. We found a Plantar Wart and began treating it. We went on vacation in Germany were he mentioned a pain in his knee's, to feeling in his own words, pain 'inside his legs'. By the time we got home on December 9, he needed to be carried almost everywhere. By the end of December he was unable to feed himself, dress himself, sit up or down, lay down and of course walk. Here is a list of tests he went through between December 10 to December 28, 2009

X-ray of his Hips
MRI of his spine
X-ray of his chest
CAT Scan of his brain
CAT Scan of his chest
MRI of his chest
MRI of his hips
Numerous Blood Work
Spinal Tap
and we finished with a Muscle Biopsy

There were many speculations of what might be causing Connor so much pain and one of them was Gullian Barre Syndrom (GBS) due to his first symptoms showing up within a few days of his H1N1 Flu Shot.

The final Diagnosis came on January 11, 2010
-Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM)-

Hope

Hope

Saturday, May 28, 2011

My little Fashion Bugs :)

This is a none JDM entry but one that fits our boys to a T. We went to the Castle Rock Outlet Mall today and ended up at the GAP Store. Now I always had a love for their Blue Jeans and I do love the kids clothing they have. So my boys were as always happy to follow me in since shopping is one of their favorite things to do, even cloth shopping. This always fascinated me as I thought by having boys I would side step this experience. My dumplings however have shown even at age 3 that fashion matters a lot to them and they will make about 3 outfit changes a day. I am not even going to commend right now on their time spend on styling their hair!
So, here we go and there was this rack of Hoodies on sale with a mark off of 40%. I was so excited and called the boys over to try them on. Connor ran over, took one look and said there was something wrong with them. I asked what was wrong? He said 'Mommy, they have GAP in big letters written on the front. I can not wear something that has the name of the Store on it!!!'. Oh, precious precious boy. Leave it up to them to point out that of course it is silly to spend money and then advertise for the store. Of course that did not over rule the fact that the sweaters were cute and I wanted them to have it :)
Just tonight I again had to pick up three outfits from just one day. When did it happen that little boys don't just wear T-Shirts and Blue Jeans? Not in our home I guess.
Hope you are all having a nice Memorial Weekend. I believe I counted about 15 Campers today.



Hugs,

R A C A

No comments:

Post a Comment